Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spiritual affair

For years I've faithfully believed fear of destroying my husband and
our marriage; love I have for him and contentment he gives me are the
evidence I'd never ever have any romantic feelings or sexual desires
towards other men.
Indeed I have not cheated on my husband physically or mentally. He
disappoints me, hurts me and loses his patience with me some times, I
still don't have any desires to look outside of our marriage.
But I ignored the crafty tricks satan sets up for me to jump in:
selfish desires and in dependency. They're the spiritual affairs that
almost killed our marriage alive, several times. I promised to pray,
for him, myself, our marriage our future our hearts, but I got
distracted by my own addictions; I think about what can satisfy myself
more often than him; I worry about money; I care more about what my
parents think than I do him. I've been having an affair with my own
fleshy selfish desires!
oh Lord forgive me. Correct and soften my heart so it can be fulfilled
by Your Spirit. Change me, take away the fire of anger in my heart so
I won't be burned alive; speak through my lips only the kind words
that build others up; tear the walls of doubt and pain, rebuild a
strong relationship of trust and oneness between us. All is possible
with You, my Lord. In Christ, Amen.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Rebecca YHB

No comments:

Post a Comment