Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discouragement won't stop me from dreaming and exploring

Today I got discouraged by one of the most important people in the world that I care about.
I cried instantly because of what he didn't like about what I did. or maybe for some other reason?
then I went to the bedroom, alone, cried out to the God my Father in heaven, "should I continue?"
"is this really what I should do?" There was a moment when I knew I'd have impulsively erase all my photos
and this blog and all my passions and ideas and plans and, my camera. I have to admit that I take criticism
badly, I hate confrontation, especially with people I care. So I became a people pleaser inevitably, but this
could be a very deadly trait, which you will focus on the wrong things, and lose yourself.
Maybe, I wasn't born to be a photographer, but then, why is it that I have this passion and joy in my heart?
you can dislike my style, my point of view, my compo, or even my entire work, but don't forget to give plenty
respect and encouragement, because maybe one day, this is exactly what you'll need in life.
I asked the Lord to give me comfort, to help me forget and most importantly forgive those who unconsciously
hurt me or discouraged me.
later today as I'm writing the last part of this entry, the Lord put these words in my head: 那加给我力量的.( through who gives me strength) but I don't remember where this verse is in the Bible so I found it on www.biblegateway.com

12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


here is a quote that I like very much, hope to share with you who have also been or are discouraged, or those who do the opposite:


One of the highest of human duties is the duty of encouragement. …It is easy to laugh at men’s ideals; it is easy to pour cold water on their enthusiasm; it is easy to discourage others.  The world is full of discouragers.  We have a Christian duty to encourage one another.  Many a time a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept a man on his feet.  Blessed is the man who speaks such a word.

William Barclay


Keep on the passion.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment